Becky Norris

UK Fostering Complaint Officer

Phone: 01322 473243

Email: [email protected]

Urs Bielmann

UK Fostering Registered Manager

Phone: 07720676999

Email: [email protected]

Amarjit Dhull

UK Fostering Responsible Individual

Phone: 07718584011

Email: [email protected]

The Children’s Commissioner for England

Dame Rachel de Souza

Children’s Commissioner for England, Sanctuary Buildings, 20 Great Smith Street, London, SW1P 3BT
Phone: 020 7783 8330
Email: [email protected]

Coram Voice (Providing advocacy services)

320 City Road, London, EC1V 2NZ

Freephone: 0808 8005792

Email: [email protected]


Ofsted Chief Inspector

Piccadilly Gate, Store Street, Manchester, M1 2WD

Tel: 0300 123 1231

Email: [email protected]

Coram Children’s Legal Centr

Tel: 01206 873 820

University of Essex, Wivenhoe Park, Colchester, Essex CO4 3SQ

Gives expert advice to young people and has lots of useful (and free!) leaflets.


0800 844 444 children in care line

Freepost 1111, N1 0BR

Offers a confidential “helpline” if you are worried or frightened or just need someone to talk to.
Website: Click here

NSPCC Child Protection Line

0808 800 5000 Free, 24 hours a day


020 7773 3300

2 Grosvenor Gardens, London SW1W ODH

Kidscape works to prevent bullying. They also produce leaflets for children

Who Cares’? link line

Tel: 800 023 2033 between 10:30am and 3pm, Monday to Friday

Email: [email protected]

For young people currently looked after or who have left care.

The Children’s Society

Tel: 0300 303 7000

Whitecross Studios, 50 Banner Street, London, EC1Y 8ST91

The Mix

Tel: 0808 808 4994

Provides guidance, advice and support to young people under 25.

Helpful contact

Want more Advice about being in care?

Check out these websites!

Name Website Descriptions
Carelaw directs you to a Sexual Assault information website (no longer seems to be a general health and education info site)
Children Act 1989 This is what the law says and is the ultimate guide to what your rights are.
National Youth Advocacy Service Provides information, advice, advocacy and legal representation to children and young people up to the age of 25
Office for the Children’s Rights Director This is a funky website with lots of info about your rights!
Coram Voice Voice is a national charity that works with young people to speak up for them and support them in getting improvements to their lives
The Who Cares Trust The Who Cares Trust is a national charity working to improve the lives for children and young people in care. They produce a magazine and give lots of useful info.
The Children’s Society The Children’s Society website has a section ‘For Children’ to allow you to have your say.

Want Advice, Information, Support?

I am text block. Click edit button to change this text. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Ut elit tellus, luctus nec ullamcorper mattis, pulvinar dapibus leo.

Name Website Descriptions
Childline 0800 1111
24 hour helpline for young people in trouble or danger.
Samaritans 08457 90 90 90
Samaritans provides confidential support, 24 hours a day for people having feelings of distress or despair.
Brook Confidential information and advice for young people with links to your nearest Brook centre.
Refugee Council Unaccompanied minors will find this website very useful. The Refugee Council has a range of projects for asylum seekers and produces information in different languages.
RU-OK The website that helps you to help yourself – how to cope with common problems as well as using your strengths.
Youth Access Youth Access is the national membership association for young people’s information advice, counselling and support.

Disability Information

Name Website Descriptions
Contact a family For families and carers with disabled children.
Mencap Information and advice on learning disability, housing, education, employment and leisure.
National Children’s Bureau The National Children’s Bureau has a project for disabled children’s rights to be heard ‘Making Ourselves Heard’.
People First Advice, information and advocacy service for people with learning disabilities.
RNID 0808 808 0123
Useful information for deaf and hard of hearing people.
The Children’s Society The Children’s Society has a project for promoting advocacy with and for young people with a disability.
The National Autistic Society 0845 070 4004
For information, advice and support on autism.


Name Website Descriptions
Food Standards Agency Information and tips on healthy eating, whatever your age.
Mental health Information on children’s mental health.
111 is the NHS non-emergency number. It’s fast, easy and free. Call 111 and speak to a highly trained advisor, supported by healthcare professionals. You should use the NHS 111 service if you urgently need medical help or advice but it’s not a life-threatening situation.
No Panic No panic information and confidential help for phobia’s and anxiety disorders.
Royal College of Psychiatrists Lots of useful information for young people about mental health.
Alcohol Concern Information about alcohol use and links to local services.
Drugscope Information on drugs, the law, drug policy and latest research and policies.
Talk to Frank 0800 917 8765