This week young people will have received their A’ Level and GCSE results after studying at home for most of the last two years due to the pandemic, and therefore actually most of the duration of their courses.
Congratulations to you all!
We take our hats off to you, because you are all totally amazing 😊
We at UK Fostering know that it must have been so hard to stay focused and try to concentrate and work hard on your studies when you have:
- Not been able to sit with your classmates and have their friendship and support whilst you study and do homework together – not to mention all the shared snacks and laughs in between!
- Not had the face-to-face support of your teacher for those times when you really struggled but it was hard to make yourself visible or heard so that you could get more help. Sometimes you want the teacher just to know that ‘you don’t get it’ so you don’t have to ask, but it’s so hard for your teacher to read body language over a computer screen.
- Sometimes found it hard to find a quiet space to study at home with young siblings playing loudly or parents working from home. Perhaps you had to share the use of a computer with others in the household, which made things a lot less easy to manage your lesson time and homework.
- Perhaps also not been able access clubs, sports and other hobbies that you enjoy and gave you a welcome break from staring at books and screens.
You may or may not be happy with the grades that you got (hopefully you’re delighted 😊) but you have been so resilient through the lockdowns and ongoing pandemic and not let Covid beat you! Even if you had wobbly days when you wondered why you were bothering, you carried on. This is a great achievement, and you should be very, very proud of yourselves.
I’m sure that your school or college have had staff available to talk with you about what you might want to do now that you have your results, but if you want some further advice then National Careers Service can give you advice on further information on:
- further study options e.g., university, higher level technical courses
- work-based training such as apprenticeships or traineeships
- getting straight out there in to the workplace!
Here is the link to their website which also has loads of other info – https://nationalcareers.service.gov.uk/exam-results
But in the meantime, relax, spend time with your mates and enjoy the sunshine 😊
Good luck for the future from all at UK Fostering!
By Lynsey Dobbs – Senior Recruitment Officer, UK Fostering